Phase 3 recipe ideas

Home Forums Recipes and Food Phase 3 recipe ideas

This topic contains 14 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  rachelwheeler 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

tk

The sweet potato hummus for phase 3 is amazing, both as a dip and a spread for wraps. You can also make a roasted red pepper hummus using this recipe. Just swap the sweet potato for 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (if using canned just make sure there is no sugar added).

nallabelle

I was really craving some ice cream, so, for a Sunday afternoon snack…

Almond milk ice cream
    2 servings

1 Cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/4 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
    1/4 tsp almond extract
    2 tbsp almond butter
    1/8 cup (small handful) almonds
    Dash or 1/16 Tsp Salt (must use)
    1 Tsp Stevia In The Raw

Mix all ingredients together in a plastic container.
    Freeze
    Mix up a bit
    Serve

You can experiment with the amount of vanilla, stevia, and add-ins. (an already-sweetened milk will probably need less added sweetener.)

mcortes

I made a great guacamole that I put on a wrap with turkey and green peppers. -ran out of lettuce. I also just found these wonderful chips at Walmart made from Almonds and brown rice. Now I can eat my guacamole with chips! I will find out what brand they are and post it on here tomorrow.

Melinda

I invested in an Acti_Fry by T-Fal. Bed, Bath and Beyond had them on sale 5/2-5/4 and with my 20% off coupon and they were giving a $75 gift card with that purchase so got for like $80. I had sweet potato fries made with 3/4 tsp of coconut oil. Yummy with cinnamon!
    Didn’t feel like a diet!

Katmom94

Craving chocolate. I made a chocolate pudding with yams!

1 C puréed yams
    1/4 C cocoa powder
    1/4 C unsweetened almond milk(phase 3). Use unsweetened rice milk for phase 1
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp espresso powder
    2Tbsp Stevia or Xylitol

Purée in blender or food processor. Top with fruit and enjoy. Very yummy!!

Mmalletz

Chocolate Icecream/ Slushy

1/4 c. coconut milk
    1. c crushed ice
    unsweetened cocoa powder (1.5 – 2 T ) depending on how chocolatey you want it.
    stevia (to taste)

put all ingredients in a miniblender and blend (such as magic bullet). blend until ice is smooth and Enjoy!!!

P.S. I still question if coconut milk should be a ‘fruit’ as per the iphone app. to me it’s more of a fat.. whole other topic..

belle

In the book where it lists the food spefic for the phases it lists the milk in the phase 3 fruit. Only is phase 3 can you use this according to the book.

PCskimom

I got the carob chips for when I crave chocolate

Melinda

I’m not sure we can have cocoa powder. BOOK SAYS RAW CACAO POWDER WHICH IS DIFFERENT. I posted the question to Christine, a FMD official, site administrator on 1 of the other threads to answer. Thinking answer will be no.

Didn’t even see the carob chips till earlier today. Great idea. I have the cacao pieces but they are coffee like tasting to me and so have rarely ate the ones I bought prior FMD as I don’t like coffee or anything cappuccino flavor.

Kathy M

This past weekend we had some excellent ceviche. This is easy to make..just pick your seafood such as cooked shrimp, fish, crab etc and then add lime juice, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, red onions, and jalepenos to taste. You can customize this anyway you like it.

Another good P3 idea is sushi. You can take thin ribbons of cucumber and use them to wrap shrimp with crab meat and avocado. Dip the “sushi rolls” in tamari or aminos doctored up with minced ginger, garlic, scallions, and sesame oil. Again, you can modify this anyway you want. Enjoy!

terrabella

I was in the mood for a smoothie for lunch in P3 for a nice break from all the meat:

1-1/2 cups water
    sunflower seeds
    hemp seeds
    spinach
    peaches
    vanilla flavored liquid stevia

Delicious and creamy :-)

LauraM

Yes I had A half cup of oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of sunflower seed butter and then had a regular fruit smoothie on the side.. it was pretty good

Pat

Hello Everyone.
    Phase 3 is the time to get your omega 3′s in; plant based and animal based.
    Although canned salmon is no where to be found in the book. I eat it at least twice a week on phase 3 and stick to tuna on phase 1 and 2. In one of my other nutritional books it says canned “Alaskan Salmon” or canned “Alaskan Sockeye Salmon” is just as good and full of the Omega 3′s that your body needs although to fatty for phase 1 and 2.

Lastnights Dinner:
    1 6oz can of wild alaskan pink salmon
    1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
    1 Cage Free Egg White
    Garlic powder and whatever other seasoning you like
    Ground pepper to taste
    Chopped onion to taste
    Olive oil about 1/2 tbls or more
    mix all together, make two patties
    I cook mine on my George Foreman Grill and place ontop of some lightly sauted greens: spinach,swisschard,kale mix.
    And what really makes it tasty is the “Coconut Oil” (just a little on top of the salamon”
    Try it! You may like it. and its budget friendly

Hot Chocolate 12-16oz mug

1 tbsp cocoa powder (I haven’t found raw cacao powder yet!)
    4-6oz unsweetened hemp milk (or phase appropriate milk)
    water
    Stevia to taste

Put 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1-2oz of milk in bottom of mug. Mix into a paste. Slowly add remaining milk and stir well. Fill remaining mug with water. Add stevia to taste. I heat in microwave for a couple of minutes. Super chocolaty goodness. I prefer hemp milk since it is slightly creamier than some of the nut milks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.