Only 1 egg as a protein serving?

Home Forums General FMD Forum Only 1 egg as a protein serving?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hotmud 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hotmud

I’m confused by the fact that, in phase 3, you need to eat only a single egg for a protein serving. A single egg has only 7 grams of protein. 4 ozs of meat has about 20 grams of protein. How can these two things be comparable?

I’m not exactly complaining cause, for me, FMD wants me to eat so much food and so much protein. I’m glad to have a way to not have to chew my way through 4 oz of meat and just eat a few bites of scrambled egg. But I don’t understand it.

Thanks!

Cag123

I think it’s because your only suppose to have one whole egg, so if you make an omelette you could add some egg white in

red

I was wondering the very same thing and I think Cag123 is right. You can make around an equal amount of protein by adding egg whites, she just doesn’t want you to have too much egg yolk (maybe too much saturated fat?)

Leida

Seeing how egg yolk has most of the nutrients, and saturated fat is actually very healthy, this doesn’t sound like a good strategy. Did not we have enough egg whites for 4 previous days? I would just go with 2 whole eggs and skip added fat.

red

I like your thinking Leida

hotmud

Thanks for all your answers! All of you seem to think that we should have more protein for a serving than what is in a single egg! that’s helpful! I’ll probably go with the 2 whole egg idea, just cause I love whole eggs!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.