Nutritional yeast

Home Forums Recipes and Food Nutritional yeast

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BeccaM 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gypsy_li

Is this permitted in the FMD and if so on which phase and what would a portion size be?

sean

I wondered about this also and think it is similar to brewer’s yeast. Still not willing to take till I get a definitive answer.

Gypsy_li

hey Sean
    Were you able to sign up and receive the newsletter? She mentioned mac n cheese in there and Im wondering if they use Nutritional yeast in there . If you have the recipe I’d love to see it.
    Thanks so much!

sean

Soory, Gypsy, have not seen the recipe.

Gypsy_li

Thanks alot!
    Actually managed to find it last night and see it is used in there. But my question now is are we allowed to
    Use it in all phases or just p3?
    Hmmmm… Would like some definitive answers!
    I am on day 7 today. Feel great. Have definitely lost weight but am tied to the kitchen and have to I back to work Monday! Yikes! Although do work from
    Home which helps on this front.
    Have a great Sunday!

BeccaM

bNutritional yeast is made from a single-celled organism, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, which is grown on molasses and then harvested, washed, and dried with heat to kill or “deactivate” it. Because it’s inactive, it doesn’t froth or grow like baking yeast does so it has no leavening ability. Don’t worry; no animals are harmed in this process because yeasts are members of the fungi family, like mushrooms, not animals. It is not the same as brewer’s yeast. It has a cheese taste. I use it with my kale chips! You can find it in most organic stores or section of stores.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.