Eating on schedule (ideas for the busy work life)

Home Forums General FMD Forum Eating on schedule (ideas for the busy work life)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gosbees 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rissielee

Here is a question for anyone. My work schedule has me work over nights 10-12 hours and some times it’s during the day. So eating on schedule is very hard for me. I do the best I can. But some days I have to eat more snacks in that phase so I don’t end up hungry. Anyone have any tips that could help me out? ( Like right now I’m up because I have to go to an apt. So being I’m up I have to eat breakfast. But…I don’t have to be to work till 11pm tonight so all night ill have to figure out what to do or eat for my 12 hours at work. It’s hard )

Yikes – your schedule sound hectic – when is your longest “nap” – that is when I would consider it breakfast – and start from there

Rissielee

Yeah that’s a good idea. I’m just hoping this crazy work life doesn’t mess with the phases and then I gain instead of loose. My sleep is sometimes at night and sometimes in the day. So my eating is never regular. How do you make out with eating at the right times?

gosbees

I am a nurse on a floor that does 12 hours. I haven’t started the diet… to be started on Monday. But generally what I do when I did a week before of this diet before i got sick. What I did was treat when ever I woke up from a long sleep as breakfast and added snacks for when i was up longer. So when changing from days to nights I tend to stay up and just have one or two extra snacks that day and have breakfast when i wake and get out of bed at 3-5pm. Hope this helps. Would love to hear how you are doing, I am nervous about starting while being on shift work.

Rissielee

How did that work for you did you still loose any weight?

gosbees

I lost 1 pound but i was only 2 days in before i got very sick with a stomach bug and couldn’t continue the rest of the week. I am re-starting on Monday. Will keep you posted. How is it going for you?

Rissielee

Today’s not a good day. Not a good day at all, cant get rid of this stress. i tried meditation, a massage, even deep breathing. im just stressed. Yes keep me posted on how it goes for you. I wish you the best of luck. :-)

gosbees

So I just completed week 1 and now starting week 2.

Here is a brief look at my week.
    Tuesday start, was a good carb/fruit day, yay!
    Wedensday (night shift) packed lots of food ate “breakfast” after my longest sleep and then napped until work. Still ok. If you use the app and are doing a night shift it won’t let u eat past midnight, so I adjusted and just set it for 4 am so I can get the timing aproxemtly.
    Thursday (night shift) so a long time co-work’s last shift cause she is retiring…. So I had a peice of cake and lettuce chicken wrap from spring rolls (no sauce).
    Friday (day off yay!!) went you with husband and in-laws to a sports bar… Had nachos and lettuce burger… So kinda stayed to diet.
    Satuerday ( night shift) packed food and was good. Really enjoy the fat days :)
    Sunday (night shift) ordered a coconut broth soup and packed the rest
    And finally Monday day off only had 2 meals and a snack cause that all I was awake for on my day off after a night shift.

In total not a bad start… Not great but down 2.5 pounds and feel good. How is it going for you?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.